There is nothing more exciting than going on a camping adventure with your closest peers. You get to go hiking, build tents, and sleep under the stars. On top of that, camping is a great way to take a break from the hustle and bustle of life, unwind, and commune with nature.
Camping comes with a risk, however, as accidents may inevitably happen to anyone at anytime and anywhere. Because of this, bringing along your first aid kit can make all the difference in how the situation is resolved.
Before you put your kit inside your backpack, make sure to check what you have inside. Here’s our list of items to bring for your camping’s first aid kit:
You may inevitably get some bruises, scratches, scrapes, and bumps while hiking and camping. This is where a first aid kit comes into the picture, as it stores the items that you need to treat these minor issues. Here’s what you need to bring:
- Saline solution
- Ointments and wipes
- Cold packs
- Eye patches
Bandages for camping
Did you know that there are various types of bandages you can bring for camping? They are essential to cover wounds to avoid exposure to insects and further infections. However, be sure to disinfect your wound before putting the bandage on. Here’s what you need to include for your kit as far as bandages are concerned:
- Cloth bandages
- Adhesive bandages
- Gauze and a pair of scissors
- Heat pads and emergency blankets
Medications and creams
A first aid kit won’t ever be complete without medicines and some creams in it. Common medications for colds, fever, pain, and headaches can help alleviate your condition during camping. Some creams have to be applied to your skin and body for alleviation. Here’s what you need to bring:
- Antiseptic creams: They serve as your primary medicine for your camping kit.
- Cold and flu medications: They are beneficial for cold and wet weather.
- Anti-inflammatory and antihistamine medicines: They are best for allergic reactions.
Camping gears, tools, and accessories
Whenever you plan for a trip to the woods, there are a few gears, tools, and accessories that you will need to bring along. If you don’t what these are, take note of the following:
- Tweezers: They can help you remove debris that may cause wound infection.
- Splints: They temporarily hold together a potentially fractured bone.
- Pocket knives: They are invaluable camping tools used for cutting.
- Gloves: They help you keep a wound clean when dressing it.
Other important items
Other than those mentioned above, here are other essential items that you should pack along in the first aid kit:
- Navigation device and map
- Power bank with adaptable charging cables
- Duct tape
- Spare torch with extra batteries
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
At this point, you now have a complete list of what to include in your first aid kit. Be sure to check the items under the following sections—the essentials, bandages, creams and medications, camping gears and tools, and other vital items. With all these prepared in your kit, you’ll surely be prepared and ready for what lies ahead of your camping trip. After all, it’s better to be prepared and safe than sorry!
We provide athletic and adventure products for camping gears in St. Louis, MO. If you need some essential items for your camping’s first aid kit, browse our store today and place your order!